Updated 16th Dec 2019
Overview and Scope
Your personal data privacy is important to us and 8apothecary is highly committed to respecting and managing your Personal Data collected in line with this Policy.
When and what kind of Personal Data do we collect
8apothecary may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in website online forms or social media online forms, when giving feedback, asking queries, requests and other submissions;
- If and when you contact 8apothecary (i.e. telephone calls, messages, online chat programmes, social media, and emails), we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our website, programmes, and apps including, but not limited to, cookies, location data, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- When you fill-up customer data form online or hardcopy and membership programmes ;
- If you enter into any contract with 8apothecary or purchase any products/services from 8apothecary;
- If you participate in any exhibition, event or workshop organised by 8apothecary or where 8apothecary is a participant;
8apothecary may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above:
- Full name;
- Mailing and residential addresses;
- Email addresses;
- Mobile numbers;
- Date of Birth;
- Photos and CCTV/Videos;
- Medical History and/or skin conditions;
What purposes does 8apothecary Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?
8apothecary may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To perform or carry out 8apothecary obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; (i.e. purchase and delivery of 8apothecary products and services);
- For payment administration purposes;
- To enable 8apothecary subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with 8apothecary;
- To handle products and services requests and enquiries; (including payments for products and services);
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions;
- To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of 8apothecary products, services, activities and events;
- To plan, monitor, and enhance the provision of new products, services, projects, and planning of events;
- To improve 8apothecary customer service through your feedback and recommendations;
- To facilitate data analysis and business planning purposes;
- To process your enquiries and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- For communications, sales and marketing efforts and leads generation;
- To manage sign-up and administration of events/lucky draws/ promotions;
- To send regular e-newsletter and promotion messages;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes, including but not limited to, government grant applications, etc.;
- For security, safety surveillance and monitoring purposes;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers. These agents and service providers include:
- Affiliated companies within 8apothecary for marketing and administrative purposes (i.e. verification and IT purposes); and
- Marketing partners and third-party service providers (such as subcontractors, agents or network operators providing IT, website, customer relationship management and marketing support) who perform functions such as marketing.
We only collect, process, use or disclose such Personal Data, in accordance with this policy. If you are acting as an intermediary, or otherwise on behalf of a third party, or supply us with information regarding a third party, you undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained consent from such third party to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Because we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this policy by referring them to our agencies’ website.
Consent for the collection and use of your Personal Data
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, 8apothecary may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected. 8apothecary shall not be liable for any damage, claim and/or harm suffered by you as a result of your failure to update us of any change of your Personal Data.
If you are under 16 years of age, you may browse the 8apothecary website. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This site is not designed for persons under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16.
Does 8apothecary disclose Personal Data to third parties?
8apothecary may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50).
On occasion, 8apothecary may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under “What purposes does 8apothecary Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?” You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on 8apothecary website or continuing to engage with 8apothecary.
8apothecary may use and disclose your Personal Data to perform your instructions and, as relevant, (a) comply with legislative and regulatory requirements; (b) protect or defend our property, services and legal rights; c) Prevent fraud against 8apothecary and others; (d) take emergency measures for the purpose of securing the safety of customers, 8apothecary, or the general public.
8apothecary may transfer the Personal Data to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers. 8apothecary will not transfer Personal Data outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
For how long does 8apothecary retain your Personal Data?
8apothecary will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
When you visit any of 8apothecary websites, 8apothecary may collect or analyse anonymized information from which individual information will not be identified. The information collected may include the number of users and the amount of time they stay on our website, which countries they are from, and what mode of device they are currently using to view our website, as well as domain information that helps us to learn our client’s profile, the frequency of viewing. We use this information to improve our website’s content and navigation.
How does 8apothecary protect your Personal Data?
The Personal Data that we hold about you may be stored on cloud service providers hosted in Singapore. 8apothecary implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, 8apothecary cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
Links to third party websites from 8apothecary website
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Please contact us via email@example.com should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and/or disclosure is requested.
8apothecary reserves the right to change this Policy with or without notice from time to time.